Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tales from MY Tech Table

Yeah. I have my own tech table, complete with power strip, light, music stand, and everything I need to work the show: script, laptop, post-its, writing utensils, and Gummy Bear (the dog). The coolest part of this show is how my experience and role have changed.

I'm the Assistant Lighting Designer (ALD) for a musical right now, and it's totally cool. My job is to be in charge of the spotlights and keep everything organized for our designer. This time, he's a professional instead of a fellow student because the show is through the Theater Department at school. The coolest part about this show? It's entirely student-written, as in script, music, lyrics, orchestration...all of it.

I really like living in lights land. It's a fun place with awesome people and really cool work.

We're in tech right now, and everything is coming together so well. We just added the orchestra, and it makes such a HUGE difference. It just makes everything sound so much fuller and better. I like the songs I didn't initially like just because the orchestra makes it sound better.

I'm preparing for some sleeplessness due to being so busy, but it's totally worth it.

Today is awesome because I had breakfast with my friend and the show is a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment