A lot happened in 2014. My year in review:
January:
DOLPHIN. Shrek took up most of my time. I wrote the first draft of my thesis. My classes were Family and Society, Thesis Seminar, and Sociological Theory. Had my first professional lighting gig for the SASA show. Began interviewing for my job.
February:
Helped out with Next to Normal, Querido, Cats Cradle, and Animal Style. Presented my thesis to the class and finished more drafts. I sprained my ankle.
March:
I had a birthday!! My fourth Dance Marathon happened and was wonderful. I did so much programming and learned a lot. I turned in my thesis, and it felt so good to finish that work. I spent two days of spring break interviewing in person for my job.
April:
Went back to school for my final term. Designed for a dance show that changed a lot of things for me. Everything broke at least twice and it was a frustrating week, but I became so much more confident as a lighting designer and fell in love with dance lighting. I got my job. I helped out with The Lilliput Troupe tech. My classes were Advanced Creative Drama, Gender Sexuality and Health, and literature class. I had no classes on Tuesdays or Thursdays in a really wonderful way.
May:
My shows were Theatre Stands with Autism, Henry IV, Animals Out of Paper (mentorship/casual help), ballroom dance mentorship, Sweeney Todd, Peter Pan, and Wrestlepocalypse. I went to the lighting rental place for five weeks in a row and had weekly banter with the warehouse manager. I taught drama to children and it changed my life. I drove a U-Haul for a long distance for the first time and had literally no issues, including backing the truck into a loading dock on the first attempt.
June:
Mayfest Music Festival. Graduation. Working for Starkid. Moving. Spent a lot of time with close college friends before things changed for good. Bought a car.
July:
Car, apartment, trip to see Starkid shows. Life happening. Swimming.
August:
Started the job! Joined a gym (pool membership ended). Said goodbye to friends moving all over the country.
September:
Labor Day was my first day off in a long run of holidays. Found a really good gym routine. Did TRX Suspension Training. Started going to social events.
October:
Travel for a family event and university homecoming. Started seeing a new doctor.
November:
Back to TRX. I did (and won!) NaNoWriMo. Took a trip to see Amanda Palmer on her book tour. Did a lot of everything. Work intensified: Super Sunday, Camp Fair, Dialathon, Big Event. Plus my first show with the youth theater (yay going pro for realsies!). November was really busy.
December:
Two weeks of Peter Pan. One week of influenza. Closing the fundraising campaign. Two long weekends for Christmas and New Years.
It's been a really big year. There have been artistic endeavors, wonderful friendships, and big life events. I maybe wish I had blogged more, but the events themselves are great memories and document the year really well.
Here's to 2015 being another great year! May it be happy, healthy, full of love, and things happening that we want and/or need.
Today is awesome because I am approaching a long weekend. And there's only one more page on my page a day calendar.
No comments:
Post a Comment