Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break 2012

I guess it's time to blog again. Not much has happened...I finished winter quarter and came home for break. Break has been uneventful and relaxing. I just like getting to do things without having deadlines or responsibilities. I'm going back to school on Sunday, so it ends soon, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I got home last Tuesday, have had 3 trips to various doctors, visited my high school, went to 5 Tae Kwon Do classes, and joined the gym for a week. I had lunch with my great-grandmother twice and with my grandmother once. I saw two friends. I re-read The Hunger Games (since it had been 2 years and I want to see the movie).

Oh, and, yeah, I got accepted into my study abroad program.

This summer, I will be spending 8 weeks in Beijing studying at Peking University. I've been going through the paperwork to prepare for that, including confirmation forms for the university as well as flight arrangements and the visa application. I am so excited about this opportunity!!!!

However, I am also realizing that these are my last few days at home for five months. I have never been away for that long, and I'm going farther than ever before. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited, and I know it's going to be amazing.

Today is awesome because I added to the drill decks in Tae Kwon Do, and I was the only student invited to do so (aka, this is a huge deal to me and I'm super honored).

No comments:

Post a Comment