Thursday, August 23, 2012

AAAAND Home

I've been home for two weeks now. It's nice, and I have accomplished absolutely nothing. Here's the breakdown:

Sunday August 12: travel for a 36-hour day. Dinner at home, unpack.
Monday August 13: lunch, shoe shopping, visit grandmothers, tae kwon do
Tuesday August 14: join the gym, lunch with friend, more shoe shopping, tae kwon do
Wednesday August 15: go to the gym
Thursday August 16: gym (first swim of the summer!), tae kwon do
Friday August 17: lunch with grandma, afternoon with mom, family dinner at Chinese restaurant
Saturday August 18: tae kwon do, clothes shopping with mom, visit friend in evening
Sunday August 19: sleep in (9:15, jetlag milestone!), market, dinner with grandma
Monday August 20: Target, lunch with two friends, gym, tae kwon do
Tuesday August 21: gym, tae kwon do
Wednesday August 22: friends lunch, movie with another friend (Brave was so awesome!!)
Thursday August 23: grocery store, gym, tae kwon do

Other things that have happened this summer: I have fallen in love with How to Train Your Dragon, watched all of Lost, read Anna and the French Kiss and Rossum's Universal Robots, and blogged every day in China (except for the five days I was without computer, when I journaled). So, basically, no BEDA this month because I did 51 daily blogs this summer already.

I'm mostly doing a whole lot of nothing while at home. I have a date for my second degree promotion for tae kwon do (December 2013), and I'm going to start working on a project next week to make a photo book to print of my pictures from China. I ended up taking 1700 photos/video, so there's really a lot to go through to choose for that album.

Tae Kwon Do has been amazing. It's so great to be back at the school with the family, and I love feeling like I still know what I'm doing. My sacred classes are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and my sleeping schedule dictates whether or not I go on Saturday. My Tuesday/Thursdays are especially meaningful to me, and I wouldn't trade those dojang hours for anything.

Since I've had so much free time and my brother has now begun his post-college job, I've been thinking (worrying) a lot about The Future. It's mostly because I have too much time on my hands so I start to plan, but I am now at the stage of my four-year plan when I need to figure out the what and where. More importantly the what because the where will follow and I may not have a choice there, but until this week the where didn't matter. I think the value I'm placing on location is reactionary to having spent two months out of the country. Anywho, it's all going to be fine and I just need to keep on track and do my research so I can figure out what I want and go get it (the last two steps of the aforementioned plan. It has been a very good plan.).

And, speaking of Who, September 1!!!! I'm pretty psyched for the new season of Doctor Who, and Asylum of the Daleks premieres on September 1. I've been watching mostly BBC America during my days of nothing, and they have had a lot of adverts and specials lately to get fans excited. Mission accomplished.

So, yeah, ramble-y blog post about my two uneventful weeks at home. I guess I'll write some book/television/movie reviews since there has been quite a lot of media in my summer. I do have more things scheduled in the next week! Some lunch dates and doctor's appointments. Things just aren't as adventurous as they were in China, so I feel like there's not much to post about beyond saying that tae kwon do class was amazing, which gets boring for people who weren't there after so many days in a row.

If you want to know about China, check out chinasteph.blogspot.com

I'm going to stop now because this is getting cynical.

Today is awesome because of Tae Kwon Do class!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! (I haven't read much of the China blogs, but I will eventually.)

    ReplyDelete