Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22, 2011: 5 Annoyances

I've been pretty neutral/philosophical/positive online because I don't want to be an internet complainer. It's all to easy to fall into a pattern of dumping all your troubles and angst into a journal or blog, but I try to keep a lot of that to myself because people don't really care about all the nonsense that's bothering me.

Except for you. You are reading my 5 Annoyances blog, so you want to know what gets on my nerves. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. The sound of gum chewing. I cannot listen to the obnoxious squelchey lip smacking that accompanies gum chewing. It particularly bothers me in classes, when I'm taking tests, or when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone and the noise just makes me want to punch something.

2. When people don't cover their cough/sneeze. You know when you're going to have one of those moments, so just grab a darn tissue or use the "Dracula" method (aka, cough into your elbow). It makes me want to wash my hands.

3. When people walk on their left on the sidewalk. I keep to the right; it's how traffic flows. I can't stand it when people are walking on the left while I'm walking on the right and then they expect me to move when they are so obviously wrong.

4. Revolving doors. I will avoid them at all costs. I think it may have something to do with #2, but then again it could just be a preference. Or claustrophobia.

5. When I do any of these things. Yes, I do annoy myself from time to time. The major offense is that I'll somehow end up on the left of the sidewalk and then chastise myself for it, but I hate when I fail to live up to the standard I set for myself and others.

So, now you know some stuff that bothers me. It was pretty easy to think of, so if you want more of my pet peeves, feel free to request them in the comments.

Today is awesome because I got some great grades back. DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment