This is going to be the most anxious week of the month. Why? It's course registration, and I can't sign up until Friday at 12:30. In the middle of a class. Woo hoo.
Why does making a course schedule have to be so stressful/difficult? There are so many classes to choose from, but I need to balance my schedule, and all the good ones will probably be full by the time I get to register. I know it'll work out eventually, but I've been playing with possible schedules for enough weeks that I just want it to be over. I literally have a document on my computer that has a list of the classes I would be willing to take and multiple tables that map out possible courseloads in a calendar style.
Let's start at the beginning. I have 12 distribution requirements; 2 courses in each of 6 areas. I have yet to declare my major, but I want to study Sociology. I also have some minors in mind, but those aren't definite yet. So, my schedule needs to advance both my degree and my distros. I also have to balance the difficulty and work involved in each of these classes because I like having a life outside of the school part of being at a university, for instance, I don't want to be stressed and crazy while I'm working on shows in the Spring.
This quarter, I decided that I wanted to take a class that needed a permission number in order to register. A week after I sent the e-mail requesting said permission number, I was informed that I am on the waiting list. This threw off my chances of achieving my ideal schedule. Now I'm going a little insane trying to choose classes that will fulfill requirements as well as be enjoyable. I really want to love my classes next quarter, and I want to love them enough that I'm not ready to move on to another set after week five of the quarter.
So, basically, I'm pretty much done with my work for Winter Quarter. No more discussion papers!! Just reading a Henry James novel, one chapter of Durkheim, one last set of discussion questions, 3 exams, and a paper. That's not as bad as it sounds. I just need to keep on track and focusing on the awesome without going insane about the classes I may or may not get into.
Today is awesome because I did laundry, wrote my last discussion paper of the quarter, and had my first ever production meeting. DFTBA
(and I realize that I blog after midnight and date my posts for the day that just passed. It's not tomorrow until after I sleep!)
No comments:
Post a Comment