Tonight, something amazing happened. I had been helping at a show today (the usual for my Mondays; I actually have fun going to hang out and be a general helper just to pass the time), and before the cast came in, they realized that the set was placed incorrectly and hitting lights. The production team contacted everybody in student theater to issue a call to come together at 11:00 to move the entire set. We pushed a huge set so that it would be in the right place.
This sounds stupid. I mean, why move the set? And why get everyone involved? It was just a massive undertaking and a heavy bit of construction, so the hands were necessary. But why was it amazing? Because everyone came to help. Each and every person there had his or her own life/work/show going on and they came out to help another production. The spirit of teamwork and concern among all who participated was just the coolest thing to be a part of. I love being a part of something bigger than myself; it's a huge part of what I like about theater, the internet, the university, and life. Tonight was just made of awesome.
In other news, my life is coming together and getting organized. I'm almost through with winter quarter, and I register for spring classes next week. I've got big plans for the spring, more on that later, and my only final got moved so I get to go home a week earlier for spring break. There are a lot of little things going on right now, so I'm just flitting about to get through these last few weeks before the term ends.
Today is totally awesome because of teamwork and being part of something bigger than myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment