Yes, I know it's technically the 19th, but I'm still on Friday's schedule.
I find that I really like blogging. I can organize my thoughts, have written expression, and inform others about what goes on in my head. However, I find it extremely awkward when people read my blog in front of me. I like that people read it, I love when people comment, I just can't watch the reading.
I just wanted to share how great today was. I got up at 9:00. I went swimming; I swam 50 lengths; I have not lost any endurance after 3 months without regular swimming. I showered at the gym, which really was wonderful because I prefer the showers there to the ones in my dorm, oddly enough. I then participated in a psych study, got an unexpected 15-minute break to stop back at my room to ditch the swim stuff, then I had class, lunch, and class.
I went to the student center for the hour before my advising appointment, where I sat with a friend, which was really nice. Then, I realized that I pretty much had my life in order because I had no response to my adviser's question: "So, what are you worried about today?" I left feeling happily in control of my life.
Then I went straight to my Disney-themed event, which was a success, and apparently I play the guitar well. I knew I played decently, but I got a lot of compliments that made me feel good. After eating the dinner I helped cook, I went straight to an a capella show and then to a play that I just found out I was a production assistant for (I didn't know that I was a PA until I saw my name listed in the program. No joke. That was kind of weird. I also got a "special thanks." Recognition like that is a warm and fuzzy thing).
The play was amazing. The acting was wonderful; I loved that I believed that a 20-year-old student was actually 80-90 something years old. He kind of reminded me of my grandpa. I am still thinking about the content, but I can fully confirm that being an NFL member (that's the National Forensics League, sorry, I don't play football) is a mental illness. Every time I go to a show on campus that I've never seen before and there is a particularly great monologue, I think to myself, "that would be a great drama/humor (depending on the context) piece." I think eventually I'll start thinking differently.
Today was just full and busy and satisfying.
I also had a totally awesome dream last night. I dreamt that I was a super hero and my friend built me a DNA-specific hovercraft (aka only I could control it). All the super villains tried to steal it, but they couldn't because of the DNA specificity. And there were a cool-looking pair of black gloves that worked as a remote control. It was a great dream that inspired me all day.
Today is awesome because of super heroes, Buried Child, the weather, and feeling like I'm in control of my life. DFTBA!
No comments:
Post a Comment