Sunday, October 2, 2011

BIG Happenings This Week!

This is my 121st blog post :)

Monday: Not too exciting...classes, swimming...I learned how to use Stata (a computer program) for my statistics class and was able to complete my homework, which was cool

Tuesday: Most ridiculous day ever! I was awakened at 7:55AM by somebody opening the fire door and then again at 8:23 when people were screaming in the hallway. I got up when my alarm went off at 9:03 to find that I had received 10 e-mails overnight, which took me a good 30 minutes to read, which made me 15 minutes late to the gym, but I was still done with my workout/cleanup by 11. I had a meeting with a co-leader at 12, a meeting at 2, a meeting with a producer/friend at 2:30 during which he persuaded me to lighting design his show (my first design...I'm pretty scared but kind of cautiously excited; I just don't want it to be terrible but I have no idea what I'm doing), then I had class at 3:30, a prod meeting for the show I had just signed on to at 5 (right after class), a mandatory dorm meeting at 7, a follow-up meeting to the noon meeting at 8 that led up to the committee meeting at 8:30, then a prod meeting for a show I had already been working on at 10:30. To top it all off, I had an endless stream of e-mail throughout the day. It was exhaustingly busy, I went to bed feeling entirely overwhelmed, but then things got better.

Wednesday: A far more relaxed day. Hardly any e-mail, 2 classes, a swim, and then it was a holiday.

Thursday: In the morning I observed the holiday, which involved chanting at services in front of a bunch of people, which made me super nervous, but I think it went well. Then I had class at 3:30 and more holiday at night. I was really looking forward to a night with no commitments, but I had a prod meeting for a third show at 10:30 where the plot for which I am the master electrician was revealed. Oh, and in the middle of the day it was decided that I'm going home next weekend for the holiday. It's going to be an oddly short visit and very concentrated, but I'm looking forward to it.

Friday: I had theater class! The professor is so dynamic in person and was really funny during lecture. In his excitement about shapes, he declared that the area of a 4x4 square is 8, which we students corrected him on, but there were funnies like that throughout class. I had lunch with friends, and then we made collages in lab. The assignment was pretty cool; use two identical images of Alice to portray the growing/shrinking scene from Alice in Wonderland. I had a lot of fun! Then I spent a peaceful evening eating amazing food with a great friend from home.

Saturday: I got up, got my bike fixed (it broke on Wednesday), stained floorboards for a set with friends, then did theater design homework for 4 hours. I had to make 8 tracing paper overlays of 2 works of art (4 per work, each one highlighting an element or principle of design), and by the time I was done my hands and face were covered in graphite, and I hadn't even noticed that I'd been drawing for 2 hours. The other hours were spent finding and writing about images that exemplify elements or principles of design. At night, I tried to see a musical with some friends, but we got shut out and ended up chilling in a dorm room instead. When I got home, I went to the vending machine for a package of jammie dodgers and watched the new episode of Doctor Who, which was AMAZING!!! Too bad it's the season finale. I'm psyched for the Christmas special!!! Oh, and I brewed a potion.

Sunday: Homework in the morning, ECO meeting, more homework, then Big Bite Night. Big Bite Night is an event in town where restaurants give out free samples. We hit about 20 places, and every place we didn't eat was by choice or they were closed. I went with three friends, and it was an afternoon of good food and great friends. I even ran into an alumna who I didn't expect to see, and that made me so happy!! Tonight, I'm doing work (or avoiding it), and chilling before another full week.

Today is awesome because of copious amounts of free food and spending lots of time with amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment