I don't know how I managed to be so busy this past week. Monday, I helped at a friend's tech week; Tuesday, I had a bunch of meetings; Wednesday, I had a baking party, Harry Potter trivia night, and munchies at my res college; Thursday, I visited a friend in the hospital; and Friday was a normal, busy Friday. I'm not in tech week; this shouldn't happen!
Anyway, I really wanted to post about the Harry Potter trivia night. Each week, there's a trivia night to raise money for Dance Marathon. You go, pay $5 to play (which goes to your team/committee fundraising total), and play for the chance to win prizes. I had to go to Harry Potter week, and my team from my committee was one of our co-chairs and a friend of mine who went to LeakyCon.
He was wearing a Lauren Fairweather "My muggle friends just don't understand" t-shirt, and I was wearing my "It's pronounced leviosa, NOT leviosa" shirt and Gryffindor tie (I was channeling Hermione). Our team name was "Ministry of Magic" (after the band).
Each question was asked, he and I would make eye contact, nod, and he would write down the answer we were both thinking while our teammate laughed at how ridiculous we were. Even though we didn't win (not quite sure how that happened...), it was really fun to celebrate the series once again.
I hope they do a Doctor Who week :)
Other than that, I've been chugging along, doing tons of homework, and prepping for my next tech week, which starts tomorrow. It's my first lighting design, I think it's a good show for a first design, and I'm ready to go. I think. The problem is I've never done this before, so I know how the overall process works, but I've always been an assistant or ME, never the designer. It just kind of stinks that I'll be doing this without my dominant hand, but I've got a supportive team who will help me get it done.
Ok, back to getting ahead on homework. I need that to be the least of my stresses this week!
Today is awesome because I'm going to '90s karaoke at a cupcake shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment