Sunday, March 3, 2013

Birthday

It was recently my birthday. This time, it was the first birthday I was nervous about. It was the first birthday that I didn't just feel like I was getting older, but actually getting old, of adulthood realized and not just impending. But then it was midnight, and my friends started singing, and it was a very happy day.

I stayed up with my friends to hit midnight and celebrate the actual moment of becoming my birthday. They sang two songs, hugged me, and two of them gave me presents. At midnight, I received a birthday balloon, a TARDIS travel mug, and a bouquet of flowers in my favorite color numbering the same as my new age. Then I went to sleep because I had work the next day, but the love I was shown at midnight made me really happy.

Day-of, I got up and went to work for a half day. Then I got my Starbucks birthday drink and came back to campus from my internship. I had a really awesome workout and shower, and got to say good bye to a friend who is now on medical leave. On my way to my mailbox, one of my friends came to my door and gave me a poster that she had made herself. It has the TARDIS on it and says "Let's go and explore," which was just so awesome of her to make, especially because she is not a Whovian. After retrieving my parental birthday cards, I hung out at home until the appointed time to leave for my celebration.

I met up with my friends for that at 10PM and went over to the restaurant. It was a really fun night and I was so happy to hang out and relax with such wonderful people. One of my friends gave me an eyeshadow palette that I had been looking at for a while, so that was super thoughtful. I stayed up very late talking with everyone, and I was so happy when I went to bed.

My birthday ended with me feeling truly blessed to have such wonderful friends. I was wished a happy birthday from people in many different states, through all sorts of means, and with tons of hugs and smiles. I couldn't have imagined a better way to kick off this new age, and I am so happy to have these friends with me on my birthday and always.

Today is awesome because I have great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment