This Spring Break has been really really chill. I got to be home for two weeks, one of which was holidays, and I really didn't do all that much. True, I passed the time, but I watched a lot of television. The frist week, I saw my grandmothers, had an interview, landed my summer internship, and went to Tae Kwon Do. The second week was going to the gym, holiday, two doctor's appointments, and a few visits with friends. While the whole thing was rather uneventful, I am happy to have had the time off.
Tae Kwon Do was very different. I went to watch the breaking tournament in order to see certain people, but the class I usually attend during the week got moved to one longer session on Saturday afternoons because of my instructor's time conflict. It was really different to be there on a weekend afternoon. There's something about going to class after a day of whatever (school, work, stuff, etc.) that lets you blow off steam in a very different way than can happen while rolling out of bed, having lunch, then going to class does. Nevertheless, I got some really great training in, and I was so happy to see everyone. I'm not sure really what else to write about TKD in this post because it wasn't about the curriculum for me; I just don't feel like I've come home until I've been to the dojang and had a class with my TKD friends. It doesn't matter what we do, as long as it happens, and it did, so I'm happy.
I think because I secured my summer plans just after break started I was a lot more relaxed because I didn't have to worry about what would come next. I now have about six months off from actively applying and interviewing for post-college jobs, and after being in this very process both quarters this year, I am grateful for the break to just do things rather than having to do the current thing while planning for the next thing.
I had a really nice time visiting with family and friends. With family, it was a holiday, so that is always an experience. You know what I'm talking about because every family has its own kind of crazy, and I got a full dose of mine. I had a lot of fun cooking with my mom, though, and we were super organized for dinner. I didn't even have to do that many dishes, and I usually do all of the washing. With friends, I had coffee with a high school friend and teacher, saw Admission with a family friend, had coffee with a TKD friend, and watched Doctor Who with another high school friend. It was really great. Reviews of Admission and The Bells of St. John to follow in separate posts.
I baked macaroons for the first time, and they were awesome. Three ingredients for the basic kind: almonds, sugar, egg whites. Didn't even have to beat the egg whites. For something so simple, they were really delicious. I also made a flavor with chocolate and coconut, and those did require egg white whipping, but I think that the plain ones actually came out better.
All in all, it was a great break. I'm ready to see my school friends again, but I'm a little concerned about how it will feel to be in classes again. I'm not looking forward to homework.
Today is awesome because I made muffins and a delicious pizza for lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment