Well, board opping was a total mistake. I agreed to let my board op see his friend in another show, so I stepped up and did it myself. Mistake. Really stupid idea. And painful. It was so hard to sit there and only press "GO" when I wanted to adjust pretty much every single cue. I would have if it were a rehearsal and not a performance. But I couldn't, and I won't because it's almost over. But it was so hard!!!
Anyway, overall, I'm satisfied. There are still some random bright spots and weird shadows. The set wasn't done until after I'd cued, which I didn't realize until I saw it tonight, so I was frustrated by the white cabinets in the kitchen area of the set that reflected light and caught shadows so obviously.
I'm much happier with Act II than with Act I. The crazy effect the script calls for at the end actually looked pretty cool. And one of the directors very enthusiastically told me how much she loves the lights, so I guess I did my job.
I'm just never going to board op my own design ever again.
I guess that makes this tech week day 6/8, but I really only have to do my inventory at strike and then I'm truly free to do the school/free time thing. I just need to use this week to do a ton of homework and relax a bit before I go into my next tech week.
Today is awesome because I had a chance to just chill, which I haven't been able to do in the last four weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment