When I was in eighth grade, I started a quote book. I just wrote down the funny things people said. It then expanded into me recording famous people's inspirational quotes. This past year, I've been recording things people say on my phone to compile here, right now. So, here it is, my year in quotes:
Star Wars is the best example of how evil doesn't die; it comes back and makes terrible prequels. AT
I can't find a picture of it, so I'm making my own. TC
I've got my heels in my backpack next to the chianti. MG
I'm trying to think of a Bob Dylan song I can sing in the style of Mandy Patinkin. AT
S: So, is it a flat year or a platform year? A: We're talking about shoes, right?
You can't seduce people by eating fruit! That's not a thing! EB
I can't be your boyfriend now. I'm playing with my action figure! IK
Now you're awkwardly bent over my knee...I did not just say that. AA
It was so serene, like, I'm gonna go milk a goat now. AY
They're crazy! My Swedish friends were like, "oh my g-d the Polish!" NE
I have an eye patch. It's made from Avery's arm. PV
I wish I was a bro so I could have a bromance. That just came out of my mouth. MW
It started out acting and then it got funny! RB
Your eyes can smell the butterscotch. AD
I'm really soft. Has everyone touched me tonight? AD
Neil Gaiman, what are you doing in my falafel?!?
If I see that you don't have a Falsettos related Facebook photo, I will end you! Well, not really because we need you, but I will give you a stern talking to! MK
Nothing...just thinking about butts. LW
I didn't know what to do with it, so I'm wearing it. SD
I'm probably just distrustful of her because she has bigger boobs than me. LW
Sorry, I was being a dinosaur. AD
You got groosling didn't you. AT
I want to be in Shanley. I'm COLD. Don't quote me. Skittles
B: did you leave the room with a slightly satisfied feeling? V: I left the room having to pee.
Dark chocolate m&ms: the taste of victory.
I'm not saying my life isn't awesome I'm just saying yours is too. SW
The voracious ambition of humans is never sated by dreams coming true, because there is always the thought that everything might be done better and again. TFiOS p. 305
Cowboys will break your heart but its worth it because they have boots. Or something. TW
It's like the bend and snap but for your face. LW
We'd get so much more work done if we all hated each other. TW
It's fun in a really grotesque way. AM
First of all, prisoners don't wear spanx. WC
People with self discipline...I can only discipline other people. SM
This is my affectionately prepping Emma for an IV hug. JS
And that's my year of things I had the presence of mind to record. It's not a perfect system; there are things on the quote wall of my dorm that I wish I had here and things that aren't written down at all that were absolutely amazing. These are just a few moments, but they remind me of some good times with great friends.
And now the non-friend quotations:
Crying Roman with a baby: definitely cool (Doctor Who, Amy to Rory at Demon's Run)
It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. (Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman p.30)
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse (The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock, TS Eliot)
The world is a globe--the farther you sail, the closer to home you are. (Nation by Terry Pratchett p.284)
If you don't dare to think you might, you won't. (Nation by Terry Pratchett p. 312)
I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it. (The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner)
Every man is the arbiter of his own virtues. (The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner)
Here's to a new year, and may I remember to write down more memorable moments.
Today is awesome because I had a successful doctor's appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment