Friday, March 4, 2011

Crazy Week, and It Only Gets Crazier!!

So, for all you people who have been asking, yes, my birthday was wonderful. It was relaxed, friend-filled, and lovely. I even got to take a walk by the lake because it was warm enough for me to be outside for an extended period of time. And there was ice cream.

Since then, I've been working through my last week of classes for the quarter. I had an exam yesterday, and I have my final lecture today. Monday I have two exams, Thursday I have a final paper due, and then I'm DONE! And I thought it was exciting to be done with my reading on Monday (2/28). It's been a fabulous quarter, but the school parts of school aren't as fun as the non-school parts, and I get pretty much an open week to enjoy those.

Right now, I feel like I'm either really excited or really stupid. Dance Marathon, a 30 hour event whose purpose is to raise money for a beneficiary agency (this year it is the Children's Heart Foundation), starts tonight, and I joined the lights team this week. That means I have to be up and able to make cool lighting happen for the dancers for 30 hours. I think the first and last bits are going to be energetic and awesome, but the parts in the middle of the night (like 3AM) are going to be really hard. And no caffeine, or you'll crash. I need to choose to be excited because if I worry too much about the tiredness, then it'll ruin the awesomeness of what is actually happening. Plus, the lights are so cool!!! We have moving lights that can create such saturated colors and the patterns are so awesome. I'm really excited about what this team gets to do.

Anyway, things are awesome and it is such a relief to be finishing this quarter. I'm so excited for all that is to come!!

Today is awesome because it is the culmination of a huge student undertaking, both in philanthropy and productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment