Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reflections on the Past Year

So, it's my birthday. The past year has been pretty incredible, and when I think about all that I accomplished, I'm really happy with all the things I did at that age.

I graduated, got my black belt in Tae Kwon Do (that was HUGE for me!! I still enjoy thinking about those tests), started swimming, went to college, did well in college, learned electrics, rediscovered theater, found sociology, made a whole bunch of awesome new friends, became closer with my friends from home, learned how to live on my own, learned to play the guitar, followed through on my projects/goals, made my internet identity, did a LOT of growing up, and discovered a lot about myself.

Tonight, I'm going to celebrate with my friends. This morning, I cleaned my room. That sounds bad. I decided that I'm not doing homework today because I shouldn't have to on my birthday of all days (so, to facilitate this, I worked extra hard through the weekend), and I just really wanted to clean my room. To me, cleaning my room puts me in charge of my environment, and I like being in control. Plus, using a couple sanitizing wipes and a vacuum isn't that hard and makes me feel good. And if it makes me happy on my birthday, I should do it!

I like my birthday. It's a milestone and a moment to be happy. The thing I struggle with is if you tell people that it's your birthday. If you do, it's begging for happy birthday wishes; if you don't, nobody knows and when friends find out that you didn't tell them, they sometimes get mad. I never know which side is safer, and I don't want to be attention-seeking, because it's just another day for everyone else.

Today is awesome because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment