Thursday, September 1, 2011

Second-to-Last BEDA (#30) and It's Kind of Random

IT'S SEPTEMBER!!!!!

I learned some interesting things this morning:
1. There are a remarkable number of people who drive at 2:30AM on a Thursday? I crossed paths with 6 other vehicles last night.
2. Raccoons are really cute, even though they're rabid and disgusting and all that other stuff. There was a group of them crossing the road while I was driving, and one of them stopped, looked at me, and went back the way it came.
3. Radio is pretty good in the wee hours of the morning.
4. Internet memes are weird. Planking, Owling, the Nigel Thornberry music videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw7A5fFjNfI)? All really strange, though quite hilarious.

I went to Borders and Barnes and Noble today to get a book for one of my classes and I wanted to get a Mockingjay pin or keychain while I was there, but Borders had sold out and BN didn't have any. I know that they will be everywhere when the movie comes out in March, but I want one now and have wanted one for about a year, ever since I first saw it. I love the strength and rebelliousness that it symbolizes and the way it inspires Katniss, plus its a pretty awesome looking item.

20-30 minutes is a really awkward span of time. It's not quite long enough to watch an episode of something online, but it's long enough that you can't bum around doing nothing. I hate being on a 30-minute countdown when I'm ready to go but have nothing to do until I go.

I made a video today for the first time in a really long time, and I'm pretty proud of my zoo footage. I set all of it to music and I like the way everything coordinates. Sometimes the process is a bit frustrating, but I always get really excited about the finished product.

There are no words to describe how awesome my evening was. To those of you who made it special, you know who you are, and thank you. You've been so supportive of me and such amazing friends.

I think I take people for granted a bit. I don't know if my friends truly understand how much I appreciate them, but I don't think I could get through life without any of you. You are my confidantes, jokesters, mentors, peers, and my chosen family. You are special and have left indelible marks on my life.

Okay, enough sappiness, but I really mean it.

Today is awesome because of Sparring Bear. Once the naming is complete, it can be gendered, but it's currently sitting next to Gummy Bear (the dog) being adorable, smiling at me, and in the correct position to be coming back to school with me. Makes me smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment