Wednesday, August 31, 2011

BEDA 29: Thoughts From my Haircut

As I sit here in this salon chair having an entire summer's worth of chlorine removed from my hair (this is apparently a 20 minute process), I'm realizing how little summer I have left. It's the last day of August, I only have 2 daily blogs after today, and I'm super close to returning to school for Pippin tech and meeting freshmen.

First of all, it's super weird to see my younger friends going to college for the first time or going through the process of applying for college. University was an end for so many years, so to be in the middle of my four years is a profound shift. I'm in such a different life place than I was a year ago; perhaps that's why I'm actually considering fringe.

I guess I'm dwelling on the transitory nature of my life a lot, but with all the impermanence and the whirlwind pace, it's hard not to. So, sorry for not being sorry that I'm boring you with my psychological/developmental braindump. Writing helps me sort things out, and this is the forum I'm motivated to write in. However, I do find it interesting that I can analyze what I'm going through as I go through it. I hope it's making me a more thoughtful and less neurotic person.

Ugh. It's only been 12 minutes. What is even on my hair right now?

It strikes me that I got every piece of my outfit this summer, but that's kind of the only time of year that I shop. With the exception of the footwear, everything was chosen with the voice in the back of my head reminding me that I'm nearly 20 years old. That's the completion of my second decade of life! The birthday is still a number of months away, but I think I'm ready to leave teendom behind. It doesn't make much sense to be in the same social group as 7th graders anymore (those are the 13-year-olds).

Ok. 4 minutes left. I'm going to look through a trashy magazine now. I'll finish this post after the haircut.

That took a really long time, but I like my new haircut! It's a little bit shorter, it's styled, and I now have some fringe that is as long as all of my hair when my hair is short. I like it :) They styled it curly for me, and now, despite my fear of curling irons, I'm considering getting one. Don't know if I'll follow through, but it's a thought.

Well, today is awesome because I have a successful new style and I'm spending the night with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment