Almost typed a BEDA number into the title of this one. Habits.
I can only think of calling this week Nerd Week. On Tuesday May 1, Insurgent came out. I dressed in faction colors on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I finished the book on Thursday. Then Thursday at midnight, I saw The Avengers. Then Friday was May the Fourth, and I loved all the amazing content coming from the super-talented creators I subscribe to on YouTube. Today is Free Comic Book Day. Wednesday May 9 I am going to Starkid's Apocalyptour. Each of these things individually made me very excited to live my life; together, they make the most amazing week ever.
So. The Avengers. It was AMAZING!!! It succeeded as a superhero movie, an action movie, AND it was chock full of Joss Whedon awesomeness. I will be honest; I'm kind of a fail in the superhero department. I read Archie comics when I was a kid and never got into the superhero stories. Sure, I saw a bunch of movies or whatever, but I was entirely disconnected from the Marvel saga going into the premiere. I just knew it would be fun to see a Joss Whedon film with an awesome group of equally excited friends. It turned a movie into an event, and that was the most important to me.
I loved the way the characters were developed. The deliver of the line "Hulk: smash" was perfectly epic. The Legolas joke was perfect. I loved this movie. I will see it again.
As for Free Comic Book Day, I went with a friend rather spontaneously because I had forgotten it was today until I saw a tumblr post from Kristina Horner about it. He had never been to the comic store that changed my life before, and so I got to be there as the comic store changed his life in a very similar way. I got a Buffy/The Guild 2-in-1 magazine and an Archaia hardcover that was Moureguard and other stories. I recognized Archaia from the Con I went to because they publish Chad Michael Murray's graphic novel. It was a lot of fun :)
I also kicked off the Farmer's Market season with another friend (although that happened earlier) and I have cut lilies in my room. We had an awesome morning together of walking, shopping, and lunch.
Today is awesome because of Free Comic Book Day and the vase my lilies are in!
No comments:
Post a Comment