Thursday, May 3, 2012

Insurgent! AHHH! (No Spoilers)

On Tuesday, May 1, I got my copy of Veronica Roth's new novel Insurgent, which is the sequel to Divergent, and the second in that trilogy. I finished it a few hours ago, and I have been screaming ever since. At first the screaming was vocal, and that lasted about two minutes, then it was sporadic when people asked me about it, and now it's internal (unless it gets brought up again).

This book was wonderful.

It has an epic cliffhanger.

The characters develop so much.

READ IT! If you've read Divergent, go get your copy right now. If you haven't read Divergent, go read Divergent then read Insurgent. You will thank me.

I dressed up the past couple of days in faction colors, first Erudite blue with a Dauntless tattoo and eye makeup, then Amity red/yellow with the same tattoo and makeup. I had Candor black/white on for a while today, but then I got soaked in a rainstorm and had to change. I don't think I'm going to be rocking any Abnegation gray though. I did Abnegation as my pajamas the night after I finished Divergent, so I'm counting that.

The book was so good. I'm just gushing. I want the next one!!

Veronica Roth graduated from Northwestern University, got a book deal for this trilogy, and is currently working on both the third book and the movie version of the first book. Good for her!! I really enjoy her work, and it makes me believe that college graduates really can make it despite what the economists say.

Today is awesome because I finished Insurgent, and I'm going to see The Avengers at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment