I went to the Starkid Apocalyptour concert with my friend Hannah last Wednesday. The show was at the House of Blues (same place as Dial Up Tour), and we stood pretty much opposite where I was standing for the concert in January. It was house right on the step up platform, right at the railing above the pit area.
I got a new camera so I could take great photos while I'm in China, and it arrived on Wednesday afternoon, so I charged it, got an SD card, and took that to the show. It has great zoom, focus, auto-adjustment, AND the video quality is great. I am able to zoom while it takes video, which my old camera did not do, so I'm quite happy with it. It is a silver Nikon Coolpix S9300.
The pace of the show was as follows: I think I know what they're about to do....wait, are they doing that?...Yeah, they're actually doing the thing I thought they were going to do...This is it! Yes! Yes! Yes!...SO MUCH YES!!!!!
And they built that suspense and excitement for a solid 2.5 hours. It was fantastic. I especially loved yelling for Ravenclaw when they sang "Goin' Back to Hogwarts." House pride forever.
Charlene Kay opened for the Starkids, and her music is pretty good. I wasn't expecting her or her talent, but I liked what I heard. I think I'm going to buy her album, but I've just been too busy to press that button (or blog about things that happened last Wednesday >.<).
The really cool thing for me was that Hannah had worked with Starkid's lighting designer last summer, so we met up with her at the show. I loved getting to talk to her, particularly about her work, because getting new perspectives on lighting design makes me really dorkishly excited. Her process for the concert lighting is that she has designed the show, but since they're traveling, she uses the house designer/electrician as a programmer/board-op so she doesn't have to learn new syntax every night. I thought that was really cool.
After the show, as we were leaving, I gave her my info in case she was ever looking for an assistant (maybe even for the next Starkid show? A girl can dream), and she was prepared to sign me up to work with her this summer. That was pretty awesome, and I hope she does contact me to work with her in the next year because I think I'd learn a lot from the experience. Yay networking, right?
So, yeah, other than that, I've been conducting interviews for my sociology research project, having meetings and dinners with friends, organizing a program that happened on Friday, going to my dorm's formal, and participating in Res College Field Day. I also taught a music lesson yesterday, which was pretty cool.
This weekend, I took stock of which school assignments are left, and I am really finishing up this quarter. It's gone by so fast, and I'm super busy for the remainder of it! I have to prepare my final story for Storytelling, which comes with a response paper, and I have to write my Opus for that class. In History, I have a final paper that is getting assigned tomorrow plus a bunch of reading. Sociology calls for me to finish my research project with a poster and a paper, and Game Theory has two more weeks of class, homework, and quizzes before the final exam. I am checking things off one at a time, and the more I get done now, the better off I'll be during tech week for Wrestlepocalypse in the last week of classes.
Today is awesome because it was sunny and I made significant progress on my homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment