I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do for the rest of my life. School is not going to last forever, and there has to be something afterward. My short-term plan enables me to use this year to work on my degree progress and just take a bunch of classes; however, after this year, I have to actually start being serious about what comes next.
So, the overarching, vague life plan is this:
To do something worthwhile and never feel like I'm wasting my time.
I'm tired of wondering if I'll be able to make an impact on the world; I'm never going to know most of the people in the world, and there's not much point in being famous unless I deserve it. I am always happiest when I am doing things that I feel are not wasting my time, so that's my life goal.
Today is awesome because my life tasks of going to the post office, Target, gas station, Dick's Sporting Goods, and the grocery store enabled me to look at school/dorm supplies (which I absolutely love; is there a term for being homesick for college? If so, that's what I am), and to get a new PURPLE mouth guard after my old one melted while sitting in my car. (The melted mouth guard was yet another stupid random thing that has happened to me. I pulled it out at fight night, and the gel had melted and oozed out of the exoskeleton. Yummy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment