This is the first time this year that I have had to stay in and do homework on a Saturday night. But then again, since I'm procrastinating so much on this paper, I might go to game night with the dorm anyway.
I have become most proficient at being what I like to call "productively unproductive," which is my way of saying that I'm doing useful things that are the wrong useful things to be doing. Incorrect priorities.
For example, I have had this paper assigned for a couple weeks now, but I didn't start writing until around 4:00 today. It's due on Monday. Instead of writing, last weekend I finished my reading for two classes, showed a prospective student from my high school around campus, and hung out with friends. During the week, instead of starting this paper earlier, I did a study guide for an exam that is also this week, Monday's reading for the class with the paper, and the paper that's due on Tuesday (that's basically the other high-pressure things I needed to get done this weekend). Somehow, sleep and exercise and a 20-minute phone call with the medical helpline were more important than my writing progress today.
Anyhow, I have all afternoon tomorrow to get this thing written, I'll get up early on Monday or stay up late on Sunday to do final edits, and it'll get turned in and be fine. I have faith in my writing ability. What I have no faith in is my ability to concentrate, but I will have to get around that.
The big reason I'm feeling the pressure to get this stuff done is because I start work on Dance Marathon tomorrow! YAY!!!!! At 5:00 we have lights training, followed by a committee meeting, then the initial walk-through of the tent. Monday morning, we get the lights and truss, so it's a big setup day, and then programming the rest of the week. Thursday is my birthday (which I am quite excited for), then the final walk-through of the tent at night.
Friday, I have a breakfast meeting, then I'm napping, packing, and heading to DM at 2:00, not to emerge from the student center until 4AM on Sunday. It is going to be fantastic :)
So, yeah. Further procrastination before not writing any more of my paper tonight, finishing my paper tomorrow (after yoga), DM tech week, and my birthday. Lots to look forward to.
Today is awesome because of that moment when you think the ground looks muddy, but it's frozen so you can walk on it anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment