Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Turnaround

I don't know what happened today, but I am downright chipper. This is a huge change from the way I've been walking around in a cloud of sad for the past couple weeks. I like it :)

I woke up after getting 6-ish hours of sleep; I was tired and a bit grouchy, but I ate my granola bar, drank my coffee drink, and went to my class. I really like my Public Health class. Then I had Sociology class, which was pretty interesting today; we talked about surveys and interviews. Then I went to lunch.

12:30 on a Thursday. I'm eating lunch with a friend in the dining hall. And then it hit me. It was the weekend!

After lunch I had an amazing workout at the gym. I ran on the elliptical, then did squats, crunches, and push ups. I did 50 push ups, and my wrist didn't hurt at all. After showering, I realized that I felt like myself again.

Somehow, everything turned around today. I am back to being myself mood-wise, and although the last two weeks of a rough patch are not eliminated, it makes me appreciate all that I can do when I'm happy. I like being happy; I strive for happy.

I want to give a special thank you to all of my friends who have been perceptive and supportive whether it be through words, acknowledgment, or hugs: Brandee, Shannon, Ashley, JJ, Brad, Amy, Alex, Dana, Shawn, Lizzy, and Aaron. You were there when I needed reassurance that I was doing things that were worthwhile, and you made me feel appreciated as a person. You're wonderful, and I appreciate you.

Today is awesome because I'm BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment