Friday, April 26, 2013

Josh Radnor

Josh Radnor spoke on campus tonight. He was awesome! Relaxed, smart, hilarious, and a great storyteller, the two hours he was on stage were simply fabulous. He told stories from his childhood, juggled bottled water, talked about his work in both film and television, and shared words of wisdom about aiming for success. I was so happy to be there and to listen to him speak.

It was kind of a warm-up (as was Laci Green) to the big event on Saturday: The Con! While I was in my seat at Josh's talk, I felt the same kind of excitement that courses through me as I am in the environment of the con. The strategies for lining up, the goals of attending a Q&A, the enjoyment of sharing time and space with entertainers whose work I love are all parts of the con experience, and I got a small dose of it tonight. It made me so energized (as did my informal "nerd week" of t-shirts and my adipose necklace) for Saturday.

Other things that happened today: I presented my lighting design project, had my prose critiqued by a professor, shopped for the ingredients for a dinner I'm cooking, and commenced cooking dinner for 75 people. It's been a big day.

Today is awesome because of the Josh Radnor event.

No comments:

Post a Comment