I complained about rain in my post yesterday. I spoke too soon. I woke up today to the sound of workmen outside my street-facing window, looked outside, and saw that the entire street was flooded. 2-3 feet. In that moment, I decided I would use the elliptical in the basement of my dorm instead of walking to the gym. Welp, the basement was (still is) closed due to flooding. And it smells really bad and is hot and humid. That's the bad news. The good news is that my new rain boots have shipped and the gaff tape on the tear in the current ones helped keep me dry today. I hope that this rain helps counterbalance the drought that this region had last summer, but I'm also really ready for the weather to dry up so I can walk outside comfortably.
Other than that yuckiness, I had a pretty good day. I've made great headway on my reading, notes, and writing leading up to my consecutive tech weeks, I did a sketch in lighting design that actually looked like the thing I was drawing, and I saw a really awesome piece of theater called The Exonerated about a sample of exonerated death row inmates. The play was really powerful, had fantastic storytelling, great acting, and neat designs. I'm feeling more in control of my workload despite the sense of a never ending amount of reading. I just keep chipping away at that pile of work, and it seems insurmountable, and then I'll hit a turning point and things will be better.
Today is awesome because I had a really fun time at dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment