Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

Today was very social. I started out my day at the gym and did a full workout with my brother, which I had never done before but would very much like to do again. Then I went to a class reunion-type lunch at my high school and had a great conversation with former classmates, teachers, and our headmistress about the transition to college and how the school could better prepare its graduates for college life. Finally, I got to reunite with my closest group of friends as we decorated for Christmas. For the record, I love the Serbian cookies called Vanilice (which I learned how to assemble tonight!) and am a huge fan of peppermint bark.

Obviously, I've been thinking a lot about music lately. I've also been thinking about my particular nerd subculture of Harry Potter and YouTube. It's been about a year since I started to get deeper into this genre, and it has definitely had a huge impact on me. I think it's all been positive, because although I choose to own songs and albums by ALL CAPS, Lauren Fairweather, Ministry of Magic, and The Moaning Myrtles, I'm still aware of the recent hits by Katy Perry, Pink, Rhianna, and Taio Cruz.

I'm realizing how important people are to me. I feel happiest when I'm around people I love.

Today is awesome because I got to be with people I care deeply about for the entire day, and because there were two Harry Potter references in an episode of Doctor Who (the Doctor's companion got Shakespeare to say "Expelliarmus." It was amazing).

Happy Birthday to all my friends and family who are celebrating today!! (why does everyone have a December 20 Birthday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment