Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 2, 2010

So, I'm writing this kind of early because this is when I have time to blog. I woke up on campus today at a reasonable hour in eastern time, but rather early for central time, so I was a bit frustrated. I was nervous that we had lost hot water again, but our showers were working fine. I went to the gym (thank goodness I can go back to working out regularly) and wrote a paper.

Last night, I went to an AMAZING a capella concert. The group sang holiday songs, but they also performed pop songs, including a Mika song that I first heard while dancing in my friend's kitchen as we baked cookies last year. It was a really good arrangement of the song and hearing it made me excited for winter break when we can all be together again.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty great. I have the first draft of my paper written, so the pressure is off on that assignment now that I have something to work with, and I'm doing things with friends each day while I'm here. It's tough to be starting out at college because you leave relationships you've built over multiple years and don't know anyone, but at the end of my first quarter, I'm feeling pretty connected here. It's nice.

This afternoon, I'm going to look at Spanish Civil War propaganda posters, and tonight, I'm going to a birthday party. It should be fun!

Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment