I'm going to ramble, because that's the kind of day I'm having.
So, do you ever have a thought in your internal monologue that you think is really interesting or profound and you just want to share it with people? Yeah. I haven't figured out how to share because I usually have those awesome thoughts as I'm falling asleep or something. But I might blog about them?
I go home the day after tomorrow.
I feel like I should be studying more, but I know everything that I need to know to do well on my one final. I think I feel guilty about not spending more hours studying because everyone else has more tests than me and their tests are more intense than mine. Whatever. I'll review a few more times and then I'll be done with my first quarter of college!!
Umm...I'm really excited to be on the lighting team for the show. I'm the only freshman and the only noob to theater here, so that's kind of cool. I got most of my tech education at age 14 or 15, but when we did the walk-through, I remembered pretty much all of the important stuff. Be aware, wear closed-toe shoes, follow instructions, don't touch the light bulbs with your bare hands or else they explode. The idea of spending my time in a real theater (not just a space we're calling a theater) with these awesome people creating something great is so thrilling to me that coming back from winter break won't be so bad...I hope.
I like to skip, I like to leap, and I like to dance. Why do I feel like I shouldn't do that in public with no music playing? I get strange looks that make me feel uncomfortable. But I skip, leap, and dance anyway because it makes me happy. And because I think no one is looking. This activity has made me realize that tae kwon do has made me really really flexible. More so than when I was dancing.
I read this article by John Green:
http://forum.teachingbooks.net/?p=4658
And it he was able to articulate why I like putting things on the internet. He said that creating media for others is worthwhile even if nobody sees it. That's why I vlog and blog; for me and for anyone who may like what I create. I've been thinking about this a lot because I don't get views and comments but I post anyway. It sometimes bothers me, but I'm not going to stop because other people don't pay attention. It's for me as much as it is for whoever looks at it.
My favorite dining hall is closed until next quarter :(
Happy birthday, Avery!!
No comments:
Post a Comment