I couldn't wait to post about this. The poster session was way too awesome!!
We went up to the special collections in the old library, which I'll have to post pictures of because it is just gorgeous, and the librarian had brought out a folio with full size propaganda posters of the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939). We had studied the posters in class and viewed digital images, but to see them up close was completely different and so much better. I was able to touch the plastic sleeves that they are preserved in, and in being so close to the historical pieces of art I could see the way they were inked, the creases from when they were folded to be transported, and all the cracks in the ink which are details you can't get from a digital image. It was probably the coolest educational experience of the quarter and I just wanted to write about it a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment