Nail polish, hairspray, and lip gloss...oh, my!
Ah, the necessities for being appropriate at a black tie event. I'm going to my good friend's debutante ball tonight, an event I've been looking forward to for a long time, but I never realized how much I would have to do to myself to look proper. First it was the floor length gown. Then I had to find shoes, a sweater, and an evening bag. The shopping wasn't so bad or hard and I got to spend some extra time with my mom (she loves to dress me up). It's just a very different look than anything I would normally wear.
Today was insane. I had to get a manicure, pedicure, hairdo, and makeup. The process of doing those things has taken all day...and I'm not leaving for another two hours! Now, I'm really happy with the way everything turned out. My hair and makeup are exactly what I wanted them to be and the nail color isn't too horrendous (I'm pretty opposed to nail polish), but sitting in salons all day made me feel really odd. I don't think of myself as a girly girl or high maintenance in any way, so to be worked on for so long was...different.
Despite my odd feelings about being "pampered" (?) today, I am really excited to get dressed up and share a milestone in my friend's life. We have been close since middle school and I look forward to spending some extra time with her.
Today is awesome because of the amazing hairdo I have for the ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment