Today has been the fullest day ever. I woke up at 4:54 AM to get ready to judge an out of district speech tournament. The bus ride to the school took nearly two hours. I felt more confident in my judging today since I had already done it last week, but there were some stylistic differences between my home district and this other one that I wasn't too fond of. But style is subjective, so I enjoyed the new experience. I saw some amazing performances in Duo and Humor today that made the final ranking hard to accomplish, and I'd rather have a hard time choosing ranks for amazing pieces than sit through rounds of not so amazing pieces. I've had a lot of fun going back to speech and wish I could judge more often. The change in perspective has been enlightening and I like this new role a lot.
12 hours after I woke up, I returned home for dinner, then my entire family went to see our home NBA team break their losing streak. That was so much fun!!
All in all, it was a great day. I've been awake for far too long, but it was totally worth it. I also got my guitar back today and I can't wait to get back to playing!!
Today is awesome because of forensics, basketball, family, friends, and guitar.
No comments:
Post a Comment