Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010

This is it. The end of December. The end of 2010.

At a time when people are reflecting on the past year and making new year's resolutions, I can't help but think about my own life. 2010 has been a very big transition year for me. I am in the first stages of adulthood now and I live away from home for the first time. If that's not a big change, I don't know what is. As far as interests go, I have gotten into the YouTube and Harry Potter communities and fandoms in terms of participation, content, and music. I had my first paying job, learned to play the guitar, listened to a lot of new music (from nerdy, to wizard rock, to pop), read some great books (Hunger Games, The House of the Spirits, re-reading Harry Potter and Paper Towns), spent a lot of time with friends, and became a black belt. It's been a lot :)

The thing that's been bothering me, and always has, is the idea of a new year's resolution. As evidenced by this blogging project and the guitar project (which is still going well, I might add), I make "resolutions" all the time. I also follow through. I don't believe in trying to make a change because of a calendar date, but rather to do something when it's right and when you mean it.

So, this year, I have no "new year's resolutions," but I will be doing my best in every endeavor and follow through on short and long term goals throughout the year. A year is a long time; I can't really remember the person I was or what I was doing at this time last year, but I hope to be as satisfied next year as I am with this past year.

As far as this blog goes, I haven't decided how often I'll post now that the daily blogging is over. I will continue, so if anyone is worried about that there will be more coming from me. I will post at least weekly, but probably not daily. If I have something to write about, I will, but if not, I won't. Pretty simple, right?

Today is awesome because of 2010, 2011, friends, family, and the two day Doctor Who marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment