Today was busy busy busy!! I woke up at 8AM, got a haircut, went to visit my high school, went to visit a friend at her house, came home, went to Tae Kwon Do class, ate dinner with my family, and then went to the bookstore with another friend. It was nice to be doing stuff!!!
Visiting high school is a weird sensation because everything is the same, but I'm different. It is always nice to get to catch up with friends and former teachers (I had a really good conversation with my speech coach/advisor/AP Chem teacher) and see what's going on with the building and the community in general. I'll be back there a few more times in the next week for some alumnae stuff, which isn't the same as just visiting, so at least I got some good conversations in while I had the chance.
I had such a great time seeing friends today! Claire had baked and she fed me for the first time in a long time. Pauline had blue hair. I had a cup of tea and great conversation with Katie, and then we Skyped Avery in and that was a lot of fun. And I got to do the bookstores with Ivy again, which was always our thing. It's nice to have people to see (and if I didn't mention you, you were still remarkable. I can only write about so many people).
When I got home before Tae Kwon Do, I wanted to play the guitar, but halfway through the first song a string broke, so I couldn't play anymore. I'm taking it to the shop to be restrung tomorrow. I have to say, the instrument was in really good condition for being at least 60 years old and unplayed for about 10 years. I'm excited to hear the difference new strings will make!!
Today is awesome because I had an amazing Tae Kwon Do workout, saw a bunch of people I care a lot about, and made a Doctor Who reference that Ivy didn't get immediately.
No comments:
Post a Comment