Wow. Only one more week of 2010. That means only seven more daily blogs. I can't believe this project worked!! Don't worry; if you actually read this nonsense I post there will be more, but probably not daily.
How to spend these last precious days of the project? I could talk about what I do each day, but that's pretty boring. I could rant about things that make me angry, but that's controversial and negative. I could muse on neutral subjects, but that requires a bit of preparation. I think it would be most helpful if my readers were to leave comments about what they'd like to read. Yes, that's it. COMMENT!
So, today I'll talk about zombies.
The zombie craze seems to have picked up new enthusiasm about two years ago, particularly with the release of such classic novels as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I admit that I got into zombie lore because of that hilarious parody of Jane Austen's classic. It's the same story as the original (and often uses the exact text), but adds zombie slaying to the mix. Let's just say that Mr. Collins makes more sense and Elizabeth is cooler than ever!
Zombies are the undead. There is a virus that is passed through a bite from a zombie to a living human that transforms the human into a zombie. Zombies are also "born" when corpses rise from their graves. This species of supernatural being has no intelligence, rots as it "lives," and consumes human brains. The sole purpose of a zombie's existence is to eat human brains. Experts speculate that the desire for that particular organ stems from the absence of it from the zombie's body. They can only be killed via decapitation.
There's a crash course in zombies. Basically, they're stupid animated corpses that want to kill and eat your brain. Avoid them.
Today is awesome because I got to spend extra time with my mom :)
No comments:
Post a Comment