Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

I guess I'll write my blog now, since nothing exciting is happening today. It's really snowy. Pretty much all of the schools were closed today and as the snow keeps falling from the sky, the roads are getting worse and worse. The plows just can't keep up with it, so I stayed in all day.

I really like playing the guitar!!!! I think I'm enjoying it so much because it is purely for me and not anyone else. I'm learning and playing on my own terms, which makes it fun. I've been playing pretty much all day, except for when I exercised, showered, and ate lunch. I worked on "I'm Saying Nothing" (it's a lot better today!!), and learned "Art Class" and "Outside World" (also by Lauren) in addition to "Good Riddance" (by Green Day). I'm playing simplified chordal accompaniments to the lyrics, but it's just fun to be able to accompany myself as I sing. It's bad, but I don't care (and, no, this isn't humble self-deprecation. I've been playing for two days. It's actually bad).

Snowy day at home, playing guitar, and using media. It's a nice break from school :)

Today is awesome because I figured out how to play my favorite Lauren Fairweather song, got to spend a quiet day at home, and played my guitar until my fingers hurt!!

And to any reader hearing from colleges, I want to wish you the best of luck. It's a tough process (emotionally and statistically) and the "early decision advantage" isn't as strong as it used to be. Just be proud of what you submit to the schools, and if you feel that you did everything right, have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment