I have a lot on my mind. A lot of stress. None of it is school-related, but that just makes it more complicated to deal with. No further discussion; it's just making me regret that I committed to writing daily blogs during my first month of a new term at school with all this other stuff going on.
So, week 1-week 2 comparison: both Tuesdays I went to Storytelling class, and it was amazing. It is a fantastic environment that celebrates a standard form of communication as an art, and I love every moment of that class. I mean, we just talk about stuff. It's great.
Last week I went to the first class of Intro to Music, which I was waitlisted for, but I ended up not actually getting in. I noticed that there was one other person from the waitlist who signed in, but after watching four people at the top of the waitlist get admitted to the class (meaning I was not given any sort of priority for showing up), I gave up on it. Plus, the way the professor talked both to me and to the class really turned me off, so I'm not sure if I'll try again.
This week I went to discussion section for my Game Theory class. It was the most horrendously boring thing ever. The TA didn't introduce herself, proceeded to solve the homework problems in front of us, then gave us our weekly quiz. It was pointless, and I wish it didn't exist, but I do what I must for my attendance/participation and quiz grades.
Last Tuesday I was at Tuesday Night Dinner, and this Tuesday I went to the Dinner after a fireside with the President of the university. He was great and I really liked what he had to say. I also love the dinners because we talk about such wonderful topics that matter to us, and there are no taboos.
I then inspected a friend's soup pot for the recipe I am making for this weekend's holiday celebration. I'm also quite excited for that.
I'm being quite negative about the fact that I'm doing BEDA in my blog titles because I'm writing these when I want to be doing homework, socializing, or sleeping. However, I like the challenge, so here's to the next 27 days.
Today is awesome because my outfit was too purple to be healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment