When I bike up to the pool for a swim, I take a more scenic route. I ride about a mile north on a quieter residential street that runs parallel to the main drag where my campus is. When I get to the northmost point of my trek, I turn right and ride the block over to the main road. I cross there at the light, and ride on the sidewalk past the frat houses. As I turn the corner to go into the parking lot that cuts over to the area of road by the gym, I get the most gorgeous view of the lake. The water is always glistening in the sun (because I don't bike in the rain), but even when the water is grey and choppy with waves, it is amazing. While I love to swim, that moment of turning the corner and experiencing an instant of absolute beauty is what makes the whole endeavor meaningful.
Today is awesome because the weather was perfect. And I swam 25 laps=50 lengths=1,250 meters.
No comments:
Post a Comment