Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Wednesday Report (BEDA 4.5)

Okay. Things are better now that I have slept, showered, and actually finished my homework. This post is to make up for last night's failure of a #4.

So, the Wednesday rundown. Well, last Tuesday, I had gotten my e-mail (while in the bookstore) that I had gotten into History of the Holocaust (HotH, yes, that's also the ice planet from Star Wars), so I proceeded to get that set of textbooks while I was there, and then immediately got to a computer to add the class. As a result of adding this class, I dropped the Maternal and Child Health class, so no more 9AMs for me this quarter. It's been really nice to be able to choose when I wake up based on what I want to accomplish in the mornings because class doesn't start until noon.

Both Wednesdays of spring quarter have consisted of me getting up, either going to the gym or meeting up with a friend, then going to class, then lunch, then Game Theory, then Field Methods. I've gotten to stay home and do work in the evenings, and also eat dinner with the group from my dorm and go to our munchies (dorm snacks). Last week I was scrambling to finish my reading for HotH, and a similar thing happened this week, but to a lesser extent. Last night, I was working really hard to finish the proposal for my sociology research project for the quarter. I think I did it right, but I have to go over it again today before I turn it in. The entire quarter for that class is a research project with specific benchmarks, so the first one is to figure out what we want to do and express that formally.

It was a very long night last night and I'm glad to have slept. After classes today, I'm doing some holiday cooking at my friends' apartment, and I'm quite excited about that. I'm making the same recipe my mom is making at the same time as her, but in different cities. We're going to talk on the phone while we cook and it's going to be adorable.

Signing off for now, since I have to do my real BEDA #5 tonight!

Wednesday was awesome because each time a large, scary-looking insect flew in my general direction, I was expecting it to be a bee but it was a butterfly. I really like butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment