Monday, April 2, 2012

A Very Tired BEDA #2

It's 10:15 on a Monday night, and all I want to do is go to sleep. Instead, I'm blogging, filling out health forms for study abroad, and, oh yeah, doing that homework thing for school. I also had three classes today as well as a discussion group at night. I'm exhausted.

So, let's compare this Monday to last Monday. Last Monday, I attended four classes plus discussion group. I had a 9AM class on Maternal and Child Health, which I subsequently dropped because I got off the wait list for the 12PM class History of the Holocaust. The MCH class would have been fine, but this history class is amazing. The professor is a total expert and he lectures for the full hour with no notes or visuals while being perfectly enthralling. I also had my Game Theory class at 2:00, which is kind of generically okay as far as classes go, and my 3:30 sociology qualitative methods class. This week, in all the classes, we were actually into material rather than simply going over the syllabus. I genuinely like or love each of my classes and am totally excited about the way that the quarter seems to be going.

In my discussion group last week, we talked about what it means to be human. This week, we talked about choices/decision-making. It was really hitting home this week because I'm in the process of making some tough life choices and it's stressing me out. I'm working on finalizing my living arrangements for next year, and there is a leadership transition for certain student groups that I am involved with. They have "petitions" to determine the next year's exec board, and I have to decide if I want to do that. I have to determine a few things: 1.) if it's something I actually want to do 2.) which group or groups I would want to petition 3.) if I think I can actually make it 4.) how much of this is fomo (fear of missing out), and 5.) how awkward it will be if I don't make it. At the moment, I'm not planning on petitioning because I don't think it's going to fit into my life based on the direction things are currently going, but I've kind of been thinking about this stuff for a while, and there was a point when I was planning on petitioning, so there's a bit of a voice in the back of my head telling me to do it. I hate uncertainty and I hate killing off options, but I need to make my decision. 

This post was a serious stress dump. Oops.

Today is awesome because I wore my sparkly purple sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment