Monday, April 23, 2012

On youthful silliness, blogging, and DWTS (BEDA 23)

This is my 175th blog post. Quite a landmark :) It's been a lot of fun to write here, and I know that most of my posts come from daily blog months, but I really enjoy writing. And I've had a recent jump in readership, so that's pretty cool as well. These stats aren't for me to brag; they're for me to say thank you for caring enough about what I have to say to take the time to read what I write. Thank you.

I had a lot of school today and I have load-in for The Arabian Nights later tonight. We've got a lot to get done, but I'm ready to go. This week should be stressful and I should be miserable, but I'm in quite a good mood. I've been planning for this week to be busy for so long that now that I'm living it, it feels more like a checklist than monstrously stressful.

I had to dance in order to memorize the 5 methods for playing games against nature and the 6 axioms that determine how to choose. It was silly and fun.

I jumped onto a curb today (for no particular reason), and realized that when I was young it was a real challenge and talent to be able to walk on it like a balance beam. It was so easy today, but it gave me a moment of youthful fun as I was walking to class.

These vignettes from my day go hand in hand with the thought from Hank Green on growing up is that being an adult means being thoughtful and silly. It was silly, it was harmless, it brought me joy, and I'm still a young adult. It's cool. I think we need more of this youthful silliness in our everyday lives to keep things light because it's so easy to get bogged down in how bad things are in the world.

And I have to lol at the fact that Dancing with the Stars is calling a continuous 4 minutes a "dance marathon" and the contestants are reacting like it's a really long time. Try 30 hours then talk to me. And Melissa Gilbert has got to go; she is a terrible dancer.

A little rambley, but I'm done now.

Today is awesome because I'm understanding Game Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment