In what universe was it a good idea for me to take Game Theory? I don't like math. I don't like the way this class is being (not) taught. I don't like that I can't make it pass/fail. This is not going to end well. The professor literally regurgitates the content of the book (usually verbatim) at us for three 50-minute lectures a week, plus we have a useless discussion section where the TA, who clearly does not want to be there at all, solves the homework problems at us then gives us a quiz. If we haven't done the problems by then, it's a bit late to be getting it in time for the quiz. I'm just really frustrated.
As I sit in my overheated dorm room wishing there was some way I could find to enjoy this class that does not involve dropping it, I just want to go back to the pure joy of being at that Con yesterday. It was such a letdown to wake up and have to do homework and paint and be ordinary again when everything yesterday felt so extraordinary. I think it just means that I have to give myself days like yesterday more often. I do not mind that resolution one bit.
Today Hannah figured out that she worked her summer job with the lighting designer for Holy Musical B@man!, so we're going to try to connect with her at Apocalyptour. I guess I'm going to that after all. But, actually, I wanted to meet the lighting designer quite badly because she did a great job, so I'm really happy to have a connection.
Yeah, laundry, meetings, the Holocaust, field notes, and Game Theory are not as much fun as nerd conventions, but it was a decently productive day, so I can't complain.
Today is awesome because my friends who play D&D are coming out of the woodwork willing to play with/teach me.
No comments:
Post a Comment