Wednesday, August 17, 2011

15 Weird Questions (BEDA 15)

There's a YouTube tag game going around with these 15 questions, so I decided to answer them here on my blog in honor of this being my 15th BEDA post.

#1. What's a nickname only your family calls you?
My parents have stopped calling me by any exclusive nicknames, but my aunts still call me "Steffie." I've outgrown that nickname and have been subtly trying to get them to stop using it for about 5 years now.

#2. What's a weird habit of yours?
I'm really particular about keeping my spaces clean. I clorox wipe my dorm room a lot, vacuum, and I always put the covering toilet seat down before I flush because I saw on Nickelodeon that all the germs fly out of the toilet when it flushes. I don't know if they were making it up, but it grossed me out enough that I still put the seat down.

#3. Do you have any weird phobias?
Nothing particularly strange and nothing that's truly life hindering. I guess I'm afraid of bug bites because mine always get huge and I have to take antibiotics and allergy medicine to get them to go away. I'm also afraid of getting attacked when I'm walking places alone, but that's pretty darn rational.

#4. What's a song you secretly love to blast & belt out when you're alone?
 Umm...doesn't everybody sing along loudly to every song? I always belt out every song when I'm alone, so there's nothing in particular. Lately it's been Lauren Fairweather's new album, The Prince's Tale.

#5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
 People chewing loudly. I hate the smacking sound and it makes me want to run away and punch something. I also can't stand when people are inconsiderate in traffic situations, be it in the car, on the sidewalk, or cutting across lap lanes at the pool.

#6. What's one of your nervous habits?
 I smile when I'm nervous, but it's different from my happy smile. It's also known as "the uncomfortable face." And I pick at my fingers.

#7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
 Twin bed, no sides.

#8. What was your first stuffed animal & it's name?
 I had a little seafoam green teddy bear that I lost in Pre-K or Kindergarten. I don't remember its name, but for some reason I think it's Spot. After that, I recall a white bunny named Fluffy.

#9. What's the drink you always order at starbucks?
 Either Unsweetened Iced Green Tea (or hot tea), Nonfat Chai Tea Latte, or a Caramel or Mocha Frappuchino Light. I'm not a coffee drinker, but in this case there's so much more dairy, ice, and sugar that I don't mind the slight coffee flavor.

#10. What's the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
 Make sure to wash off all your makeup with makeup remover before going to bed. I just wash my face and the eyeliner/mascara sticks around for a few days. You can tell when I've not been wearing makeup when my eyes are totally clean.

#11. Which way do you face in the shower?
 Back to shower head.

#12. Do you have any weird body skills?
 I have full splits. And any other Tae Kwon Do trick you'd consider a weird body skill.

#13. What's your favorite comfort food thats 'bad' but you love to eat it anyways?
 Ice Cream!!

#14. What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
 "That's a thing," "That happened," and "What is my life?!?!"

#15. Time to sleep!! What are you actually wearing?
  PJ Pants and a T-Shirt

So, yeah. Now you know a bunch of random things about me. Hope you enjoyed that if you cared enough to read.

Today is awesome because the opening fight scene in the episode of Buffy I watched ("Fool for Love") included one of the knife defense techniques I've been practicing. Except the vampire used it on Buffy (without killing her!), so that part was notsome. But I recognized it, and that was cool!

Meters Swum: 2,300 (That's 5,000 for the week so far and it's only been 3 days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment