Today was very long, pretty strange, and kind of emotional.
I had to get up super early this morning because we had some stuff going on in the house for the second day in a row. I went to the pool at 7, and the stuff was going on until after 10:00.
I had lunch at 10:24 because I was super duper hungry, so the day was off to a super strange start.
I was supposed to run errands with my mom today, but two hours after lunch we still hadn't left, and I ended up going to my friend's house to say goodbye before she went back to school.
I had a really great time hanging out with her. Everything was totally chill, we just go to chat for a few hours/make cookie dough/say good bye with a million hugs.
After I left her house, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get a case for an electronic device. It's padded, purple plaid, and super awesome!!!
After that errand, I went to the doctor with my mom, had an hour at home, and then went to Tae Kwon Do.
TKD tonight was like camping: intense. I spent the pre-class time learning more knife defense, and that was a really productive session. During class, I got to be a line captain, and it was fun to have that kind of leadership in such a large class. After class, it was fight night, so I got in a few good matches. I had one of my proudest sparring moments tonight: I landed a roundhouse kick to the head of one of the school's best sparrers. I work with him each month and always learn a lot, but this was a textbook shot that worked and it was really exciting. Later on, I found out that other people had seen it, which was really cool because witnesses mean it really happened. I did take a couple of head shots, so chewing at dinner was a little strained, but it's nothing that rest and Advil won't help.
So, long because I've been up for 14 hours so far and I'm not going to sleep yet; strange because of all the random things that happened; and emotional because I had to say goodbyes to friends who are going away again.
Today is awesome because of hanging with my friend, the purple case, and TKD.
No comments:
Post a Comment