I have 17 minutes to write and post this until it's midnight in my time zone. Blogging GO!
I just got home from seeing The Smurfs with some friends. It was freaking adorable!!
As far as things from my childhood go, Smurfs were something I was aware of, I knew they were cute and blue and friendly, but it's the type of thing I lost interest in after about 10 minutes. (There were a lot of those. For example, I don't really know how Toy Story ends, but I've seen the beginning at least 20 times)
I appreciated the exposition that the movie gave so I could have the reference frame of their world. It outlined the universe for me quickly and in a way that I could just get it and get on with the story.
I think my favorite parts were each time there was an external reference within the movie. Like there's a line when Smurfette says, "I kissed a Smurf and I liked it," but she's voiced by Katy Perry, so that makes it even more funny. There was also a cameo appearance of the original Smurfs book in the French and a super fun scene in FAO Schwarz.
As always, Neil Patrick Harris was amazing. He is so awesome and as much as I wanted to hug all of the Smurfs, I wanted to hug him even more. His character was the classic grumpy adult too caught up in his own issues to appreciate life who is transformed by an experience he initially hates. How can you not like who that person becomes?
The ending credits had the original Smurf animations, and that was fun to see after the more modern CG (which was blended into the live action really well, btw). I remember watching the cartoons in that style, so it brought me back to those Cartoon Network days.
So, yeah, today is awesome because of Smurfs. And the friends I saw the movie with. And Neil Patrick Harris.
Meters Swum: 1,000 (that's 8,000 for the week. I swam every day except Friday)
TKD: 2.3 classes today. I ran with the kiddos in between the classes I usually take. Kind of frustrating when a classmate ripped my uniform, but she fixed it by the time my last class started. Still pissed me off, though; I'd only worn it twice.
Posting with 8 minutes to spare! Until tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment