Yeah, well, it's still before midnight in central time. Whatever.
Today, I was supposed to go river walking in the metroparks with my friends. It was epic thunderstorming, so we just kind of frolicked around my friend's yard, jumping in puddles and throwing water balloons instead. We had just as much fun and got just as wet, only there was no river and no woods.
When we went inside and changed, we drank tea from interesting vessels. I had an Ireland double shot glass and it only got stranger from there. Somehow, the glasses matched our personalities, and it was rather amusing to see what everyone ended up with.
We then traveled to my house for the dinner portion of the day. As a group, we made a fancy Mexican feast with rice, beans, and fajitas (chicken, veggie burgers, and all the fixings). The evening ended with a bonfire upon which we made s'mores and threw in the dirty plates and napkins. The paper products turned the flames really cool colors because of the dyes, so that was awesome.
I really enjoy spending time with my friends. As we've grown up, we have remained close, but now that we're away at school, we value our time together differently. We have our lives together and our lives apart, and they are fun to share and compare.
Today is awesome because of jumping in puddles without caring about being cold and wet.
When I read that last line I thought it said "jumping in puddles without caring about being old and wet." Which also makes sense, when you think about it...
ReplyDelete