I'm really digging the BEDA thing. It feels good to have a project and to know that there are other people doing the same project themselves. I know that I don't read every daily blog the bloggers I follow post, but I like that the posts are there if I desire to read them. I also don't expect anyone to read my daily blogs, or really any of my blogs, since most of the reasons I do this are for myself, but I appreciate when people do read what I write. So, if you actually read my blog with any regularity, THANK YOU!! I appreciate that you give some of your internet time to me and consider what I have to say at all relevant/interesting/worth reading. You rock.
So, onto the purple.
Purple is my favorite color, and this is no secret. It has always been my favorite color except for the years I lied and said it was blue because that was the trendy thing to do. I really like the versatility of the color because it has both warm and cool properties. Some shades are redder, some bluer, and the light/dark factor in the saturation makes a difference, too. For example, lavender and periwinkle are both light purples, but periwinkle has far more blue in it than lavender. I find that I am attracted to all shades of purple except the greyer ones that look drab. Eggplant, raspberry, borscht, lilac, and plum are only the beginning.
The reason I've been thinking about purple being such an awesome color and a long-standing favorite of mine is because I keep finding old things that are purple. We've been cleaning out our house this summer, and I'm finding things from 8-10+ years ago that I wish I knew about because they are both useful and purple. If you read back to my December blogs, I wrote about finding a purple guitar pick that I got probably 12 years ago just because I like the color, and now it's the one I use when I play guitar. Well, today I found a purple combination lock (whose combo has been in the same place since I got the thing, so good thing I remembered where that was!), and I know that there will be a use for it at some point in my life.
I like finding things and seeing how much I haven't changed despite growing up and changing a lot in major ways. It's really fun to compare my current self to the self that chose the item all those years ago and find that I'm attracted to it for the same reasons.
Today is awesome because I finished another segment of the data entry I've been doing at work. 2 down, 2 to go!
Meters Swum: 1,200 (my goal is to be at least 8,000 for the week, and so far I'm at 3,700)
TKD: Yup! Open session in which I did 17 forms, 80 one-steps, mocked 10 judo, kicked objects across the room, played with practice boards, and saw a friend I hadn't seen for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment