This week, my job has been to enter all of the blood glucose data from the campers at a summer camp for kids with diabetes. They bring a week of BGs from home and then test 4-10 times each day at camp. All of these numbers must be entered into the database. I've gotten through 3 of the 4 sessions, but there are 64 campers to go. It's an insane undertaking and the numbers make my head spin.
BUT:
I have learned that in the future, I want to be the principal researcher who hires research assistants to do the data entry for me. I don't know what my research project will be, but that's the goal. I can't have my own project until I get some experience being the underling, but I will remember this week when I'm the one hiring an intern to do my data entry.
And, besides, I'm pretty good at this. I type fast, have an efficient system for getting the stuff in the database, and I get through each kid in about 10 minutes. Basically, these final 64 will fill the last two days of this week and then both I and this part of the project will be done. The project is pretty cool; they want to be able to compare home values to camp values to tighten up the medical treatment at camp. I like being part of it.
Today is awesome because I had an enjoyable afternoon with my grandmother.
Meters Swum: 2,000 (5,700 over 4 days)
No TKD
Haven't watched Buffy since yesterday, on season 5 episode 6
No comments:
Post a Comment