I saw Winnie the Pooh today!! It was so beyond adorable and made me very happy. My favorite scene was when Pooh was fantasizing about honey and there's a dream sequence when the entire world is made of honey. The way the honey was animated, with the colors and the oozing and the bubbles that form, it looked so good!! I also loved the backgrounds, like the sky, the forests, and fields. The story was really fun, all the characters were there, and you can't help becoming happier after seeing this film.
I saw it with my friend who is an animation major, and we stayed through the ending credits. There are soooooooo many people who worked on this movie!!! I've never fully understood the process of animating a feature length film, but I asked her about it in the car on the way home, and she told me that the lead animators draw about every other frame and then the clean-up animators smooth everything out. It's an insane process, and every time I learn more about how animation works, I gain respect for every animated endeavor.
Today, I also swam 1,500 meters and went to Tae Kwon Do. Before class, I did knife defense with washable markers from a free stance (as in, not standing still). It was so different! I rolled my pants up so they wouldn't get drawn on before class, so my top was a coloring book and I looked like ninja Tom Sawyer, but it was totally worth it. I learned a lot about how to move both as an attacker and as a defender (not that I ever plan on attacking anyone, but to understand defense you have to know offense). During class we kicked a bunch of stuff in really cool combinations. I made a breakthrough with my flying turning back kick, so that was really good. We did a drill kicking balloons to move with an unpredictable object, and it was really hard but really fun!! Class was good tonight: good work, good people, and good fun.
Today is awesome because of all the consecutive bits of awesome detailed above, but mostly seeing Winnie the Pooh with my friend :)
Fun Fact: Winnie is short for Winnipeg. As in Winnipeg, Canada. Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment